Monday, January 2, 2012

Powerstep Orthotics

Not every story I have ends happily and lucratively. Here's one example of a complaint that met a dead end. Last winter I bought Powerstep orthotics (shoe inserts) for my EMU boots because, as I said in my EMU review, they have zero arch support. These blue orthotics (I bought the Pinnacle model) feel really comfortable and padded. Underneath the foamy padding is a strong metal arch that supports the foot nicely. I was quite happy with them until one day I noticed the top material lining was beginning to peel. After about two weeks, the inserts were totally peeled up for about a half inch. I just cut off the loose flappy piece of material and tried to ignore the annoying feeling. Then the boot season ended.

I pulled them out again for this season's EMUs and re-noticed the peeling orthotics. I sent the company an email telling them what happened and upon learning that I got them last year, the woman was totally unwilling to help me. She claimed that while they do guarantee their products, complaining about it a year later isn't going to cut it. Maybe she's right.

Now I know that when I'm not happy with a product, don't wait until the next season to deal with it. Email or call as soon as you notice a problem.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your experience it is helpful..

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW it happens sometimes the staff is really not willing to help you in any way and that staff makes your views negative about the brand or the company..!

    ReplyDelete