Monday, January 9, 2012

Crayola's Customer Service

I've had many interactions with the customer service folks at Crayola, and each of them was very pleasant. Crayola really stands by their products and will refund you one hundred percent if anything goes wrong. I've had the tips of jumbo crayons snap off when falling from the table, markers that dried out while capped, and black markers that weren't truly black. Each time I called to voice my concern, Crayola was glad to send me reimbursement coupons so I can buy a new product in the store. And they were so happy to help. They wouldn't just send me a coupon in an envelope like any other company would do, but instead they sent me a colorful card with an apology and wish for "a colorful future"!

I decided payback was due so here's what I did. I recently found a slick deal for the Crayola Glow Station, which is a very unique and highly fun toy. The list price is $39.99 but I paid about $7 for it on Amazon once (as of today it's $14.99 there). Anyway, we pulled it out for the kids to play last night. By the way, the toy is exceptionally enjoyable for all ages over 4. I decided to make a video describing the various things you can do with the product, and here it is:


I figured I'll send this as an appreciation email to Crayola. I did, and later today I received a reply from them that read:

Thank you for sharing your video with us!  I am happy to learn that you enjoy using the Crayola(R) Glow Station On the Go.  Our company receives hundreds of letters and e-mails each week.  Most are inquiries for product information.  Few people take the time to write and share their thoughts and experiences with us.We appreciate your contact and are sending several complimentary cents-off Crayola product coupons.  You can expect to receive the mailing within 12 business days...

UPDATE: You've go to hear just how cool Crayola is! They did not send me "cents-off" coupons, oh no! They sent me a $10 off and $20 off coupon that I can use on any Crayola product!

No comments:

Post a Comment