Friday, August 20, 2010

Slickdeals.net - do your shopping the slick way!

Pros:
  • Lists the newest deals, coupons, price-errors, and promotions in separate categories for easier searching.
  • Allows users to post comments about their slicking experience.
  • Anyone can post a deal if they're a member - registration is free.
  • You can set up alerts to receive emails when new deals that include your keyword are added.
Cons:
  • People get nasty with the comments.
  • Too many acronyms are used, and not everyone knows them.
Bottom Line: Slickdeals.net is an amazing site for you if you plan to save money and get good bargains on stuff. Or if you enjoy when items you buy cost a grand sum of $0.00! I advise you to check this site at least twice a day because deals are added by the minute. If you can help it, don't post any comments in the forums because most of the users who comment a lot are bored and nasty so you have a great chance of being slammed. When you see a deal, make sure you read its "wiki" section to find out if there are updates such as "deal is dead"!

For your convenience, here are some of the more commonly used slickdeals.net acronyms and their description:
BOGO - By One Get One (if you buy one, you get one free)
YMMV - Your Mileage May Vary (your experience with this company may be different)
OOS - Out of Stock (exactly that)
OP - Original Poster (the person who originally posted this deal)

2 comments:

  1. I find it so confusing! I've gone there a few times. But now that you've tempted me, I think I'll try to get used to the website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which part confuses you? Let me know which area/s is/are giving you trouble and I'll explain as best as I can. I'll admit that it is a bit tricky the first few visits, but I'm sure you'll get the hang of its oon enough.

    ReplyDelete