Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Glaceau Vitamin Water

Pros:
  • Only 13 grams of sugar and 50 calories for 8 oz, and full of essential vitamins.
  • Amazing taste which is neither too sweet nor diluted.
  • Almost always on sale for $1 at stores like Target and Walmart.
  • Many, many flavors to choose from.
  • Really funny messages on the labels that keep changing.
  • Customer service is mostly nice - they offer cool freebies just for calling. 
Cons:
  • Caps are hard to open.
  • Variety packs (that you can buy at club stores like Costco) only feature four flavors, and they're not necessarily your favorite ones.
  • One or two flavors are downright nasty - namely Connect (blackcherry lime) which tastes much like Robittusin and Formula 50 (grape) which reminds me of Tums + Children's Tylenol gone bad.
Bottom Line: Vitamin Water's a great drink for any time of day! People mockingly ask, "You think you're really getting your vitamins in there?" But it's true, you really do get them. Of course you can't compare the Vitamin C quality of an orange with the Vitamin C in a bottle of Essential, but you're receiving the nutrients anyway. It's an affordable drink and quenches your thirst much better than Snapple or Powerade because it has just a bit of sugar. If you have a problem with a bottle, call up their customer service and you'll be sent replacements in the form of coupons almost immediately! Drink up!


4 comments:

  1. The first time I drank the blackcherry lime flavor I thought I mistakenly took medicine off the shelf and not a drink. It was gross!

    But these drinks are good and I like the colors too. :)

    I just sent them an email-let's see what kind of customer service they have!

    (And a funny word verification: WATERS ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that's funny that your word verification was WATERS!

    I'm not so sure about their email support. I've only tested their phone version of customer service, which always yielded positive results. Except that time when I complained about Connect and the guy told me that it was basically my problem that I hated it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So let's see how their email support is :)

    I could understand that the taste of their product is a matter of...uh, taste but I would also think that the general public will agree that if a drink tastes like cough medicine it should be removed from the shelves.

    Unless their objective is to get kids to like Robittusin.
    "Hey, this medicine tastes like blackcherry lime flavored Vitamin Water...yum!"
    Not gonna work for me though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. itsagift, that's so funny! Just if you think of the semantics, it can't really work because it is liklier that kids will be exposed first to Robittusin and then to VW!

    ReplyDelete