Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Glad Sandwich (non-zipping) Bags - I'm not glad with Glad!

Pros:
  • Container makes it easy to remove a bag.
  • Doesn't have that plasticy smell that Ziplocs have.
  • If you have a problem, Glad will send you a replacement coupon.
Cons:
  • More expensive than store brands - approximately $2.99 for 100 sandwich bags.
  • Top flap that tucks under often rips at the seams.
  • Food kept in the bag for more than a few hours gets a smell.
Bottom Line: If you have an option, go with a store brand for bags. I've found those to be much more durable than Glad bags, even though Glad is more pricey. Don't keep your food, especially wet ones such as fruit, in the bag for too long because they'll get this plasticy taste. If you do end up buying them, and the seams rip at the foldover flap, don't hesitate to contact them to receive compensation. Make sure to tell them you're not glad with Glad!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear they have good customer service. I like companies who take care of their customers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, reviewing bags... how thorough. And why would you buy brand name to begin with?

    Btw, your name makes me think of irate, which makes me think your reviews would be completely negative...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. SD, when there's a toss-up between buying brand names or store brands, there are many angles to consider. First is price. If the difference between store brand and brand name is very small (as in 70 cents), it may just be more wise to stick with the brand name. Like with Glad bags versus Shoprite's bags.

    About my name, I thought of that too, actually! There was no plan to include irate in there, but iRate happens to consist of the same letters! This place definitely lets me rant about items that made me irate, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete