Thursday, June 16, 2011

Return of the Bath & Body Works hand sanitizers

A while ago I posted a review on the Bath and Body Works hand sanitizers (like Purell). I decided to revisit it today because of an experience that happened today.

I was in the supermarket today and picked up a chicken. When I touched it, I felt wetness on the outside of the wrapping. Of course that grossed me out because it might have been raw chicken juice (e.g. E. Coli, salmonella, etc.). I whip out my B&BW sanitizer from my purse (the scent was called Rockin' Cotton and it's a blue gel), and generously apply it to my hands. I almost passed out from the heavy assault on my nasal receptors.

When I got to the car, my hands still smelled even though it had long dried. What's especially annoying is that I had applied earlier today a different Bath and Body Works product: Dark Kiss body mist. The war between Rockin' Cotton and Dark Kiss was on! But our villainous Rockin' Cotton easily won the battle within seconds. Now I reek of Rockin' Cotton! B&BW should have more sense than that.

Let's say someone actually likes Rockin' Cotton, ok? The sanitizers obviously have much more of a potent scent than the body mist scents. Do they want people to buy sanitizers ($1.50, often on sale for $1.00) instead of body mist ($14) or eau de toillete ($29.50)? They would lose out in a big way.

So maybe if I mentioned to them about the strength of sanitizers, they would lower their intensity. What do you think? Oh, and by the way, the hand sanitizer effect isn't mitigated in the least by washing your hands with soap and water. It's equally as strong now as it was 3 hours ago -- blech!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, contact them and let's see what they say! (besides for the coupons you may get from them...)

    ReplyDelete