Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Bath & Body Works - Pocket-Bac hand sanitizer

Pros:
  • Good price - these items often are on sale for $1 (reg. $1.50).
  • Slick filler - when you need your order to reach a minimum amount (like when you want to use a certain coupon), these are one of the few very cheap items in the store.
  • Keeps hands soft and not dried out, as other popular hand sanitizers do.
  • Contains alcohol which can be used as an antiseptic on the go. This is especially handy when you're trying on earrings in the store.
  • Handy size - it fits a silicone skin (must purchase separately) that can keep the Pocket-Bac on your keyring.
Cons:
  • Scent is very strong. Hands smell from the Pocket-Bac even 2 hours after application!
  • If not on sale, the price is $1.50 for the small bottle.
Bottom Line: The Bath & Body Works Pocket-Bac is essential for a purse, especially in the summertime when you are often out and away from a sink. The wide array of choices feature smells much more pleasant than comparable brands like Purell, but be sure to get a scent that you enjoy because you'll be smelling it on yourself for a while!

6 comments:

  1. Is it a bad smell that the fact that the smell lingers is on the cons list?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah because it's a pervasive, deep smell. The type where you walk and you leave lingering scent. If you have a really good-scented one, you're ok. But otherwise, beware, bring on the nose-clips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, my sister complains that they are strong smelling but i LOVE these hand sanitizers
    I think I have about ten right now, and I think I am running low!!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I buy them when the sale runs. I also have about 10 right now :) IMHO, the best B&BW scent is Black Amethyst but unfortunately, the one scent that the Pocket-Bacs don't come in is Black Amethyst.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i loooove japanese cherry blossom... its my absolute favorite...
    you should tell them you want it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did, actually. But they don't seem to take my not-so-subtle hints that seriously. Japanese Cherry Blossom is my all-time nono! My silly putty got ruined that way. I mistakenly played with my putty after sanitizing my hands with that stuff and it was forever tainted with the reek! I wanted to see how long it'll stay embedded and believe it or not, it was in there for about a year! Then I threw it out.

    ReplyDelete