Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Pilot G2 Gel Pens

Pros:
  • Clean, undrippy ink that does not leave splatters and spots on your document.
  • Comes in a variety of thicknesses (ultra-fine, fine, medium).
  • The point retracts easily with one click. 
  • Grip is sturdy and does not fly around as you write.
  • Ink lasts a long time and does not dry out mid-way.
Cons:
  • They cost approximately $2 a pen. 
  • Shirt clip snaps off easily when chewed.
  • Fine point pen writes thicker than average medium size point in a comparable brand.
Bottom Line: Stick with the ultra-fine (0.5mm) size since those are like most medium-thickness gel pens.The ink writes smoothly without skips and stains, but when writing on even slightly shiny surfaces, take care not to smudge. The ink does not dry that fast on glossy papers, but will dry extra-fast on regular matte papers. To save money, buy them in packs of two. Rubber grip may double as a teething ring for adults (while wisdom teeth emerge). Store upright whenever possible.

8 comments:

  1. "Shirt clip snaps off easily when chewed."

    Lol. And they are supposed to cater to the pen-chewers? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good pen manufacturer always caters to all types of people :) I wouldn't mind so much if it snapped, but the noise is deafening and it has caused some uncomfortable situations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, you're cute, you know that? (I'm serious, not being condescending.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does the ink spread onto your hands? Cuz I always have this problem with inky pens that by the time I lift my hand up, my palm is full of ink...which is why I stick to regular ballpoint pens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ink only sticks onto your hands if you're on glossy or semi-glossy paper. With regular paper, I don't seem to get dirty hands.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really? Sounds too good to be true! I guess the ink dries pretty quickly then...cuz I usually write on regular paper or post-it-notes. So it might not work with post-its because those are a little glossy-ish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since when are Post-its glossy-ish?! They're matte, but smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They ARE! At least the ones that I have...other gel-like inky pens get smeary when I try to write on them. So that's why I stick to the regular pens.

    ReplyDelete