Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Ukala Sydney High boot

Pros:
  • Very good quality suede that feels thick and smooth.
  • The merino wool lining doesn't make your feet feel hot.
  • Depending on time and place, they may be stylish.
  • Much cheaper than very similar UGG boots.
  • The sole is made of a very lightweight foam so you don't have to expend extra energy while walking. It's also very smooth and has no grip.
Cons:
  • The sole is lightweight, but it looks like the type that will erode quickly.
  • The fur sticks to your legwear for quite a while until it becomes matted down.
  • There is a seam running down the back that will eventually dig into your foot once the fur becomes thinner.
  • There is absolutely no arch support.
  • Although they're called "high" the reach to about 4 inches below the knee. 
  • The pink logo patch on the back is kind of tacky and childish.
As you must have read, I got these boots as replacements for the original EMU boots that became defective. Ukala Sydney is a new line of boots under the EMU brand. The boots definitely look nice, but they lack some basic features (e.g. an arch, smooth seams inside, heaver sole with more traction). They're not very practical either since they're made of seude which stains very easily. I recommend using a suede leather protector (spray) to prevent snow and snow-salt from leaving white marks (that don't come off, no matter what you do). In short, they're really not worth $79. As a free boot, sure, but otherwise no way.

3 comments:

  1. If the arch isn't there, it's not for me. I need boots that are comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I did to solve that problem was insert PowerStep arches into the boots. Each arch is really an insole made of material and foam, surrounding a metal arch. They are awesomely comfortable and perfect for big floppy boots such as these. The PowerStep arches come in various styles; I use the full-length ones so they won't move around inside the boot (in a shoe, it would be easy to move the arch back to its correct position, but with boots it's a different story!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the ukala boots as well as my emu boots they are trendy and cute they offer more variety in colors than emu originals and I have a high instep which causes my arches to fall in any type of footwear but haven't had a problem with it as of yet and I've had them for a while. Some of the cons in this post haven't happened to me as of yet maybe because I wear socks

    ReplyDelete